White Conduit Hotel, North Street, 1941


Photo taken 29 August 1941

B 10560 The former White Conduit Inn was established in North Street, near the Waymouth Street corner, in 1838. Rebuilt in 1857, and with major renovations in 1871 and 1882, it was renamed the Globe Hotel in 1911. Ceased trading in 1921. The building still stands. Visit the State Library of South Australia to view more photos of South Australia.