College Arms Hotel, Currie Street, Adelaide, 1993


Photo taken 01 January 1993

B 70869/18564 Messenger Press, photographer On the north-west corner of Currie Street and Rosina Street. Established in 1846 as the Golden Fleece Inn. Name changes included Crown Inn (1871-1937), Coronation (1937-1979), Hotel California (1979-1984), Armstrong's Tavern (1984-1987), and finally the College Arms in conjunction with Adelaide TAFE College. The building has been demolished. The Crown Inn, 1937: www.flickr.com/photos/state_library_south_australia/30226... The Coronation Hotel in 1939 www.flickr.com/photos/state_library_south_australia/22396... and in 1966 www.flickr.com/photos/state_library_south_australia/30015... Visit the State Library of South Australia to view more photos of South Australia. Permission to publish To request approval, complete the Permission to publish form.